mmda forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions to solve EDSA traffic

+5
yokoloks
papaboar2
murda_one2002
gbperen
pinoycumeater
9 posters

Go down

Suggestions to solve EDSA traffic Empty Suggestions to solve EDSA traffic

Post by pinoycumeater Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:17 pm

I suggest banning provincial bus terminals along EDSA, like along the stretch of Cubao. All terminals for buses heading up north should be near the entrance of NLEX, and likewise, all the terminals for buses heading down south should be near the entrance of SLEX. This is so provincial buses don't add to the vehicular load along the rest of EDSA.

pinoycumeater

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to solve EDSA traffic Empty Re: Suggestions to solve EDSA traffic

Post by gbperen Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Central Terminal is the solution to provincial buses. It works! In Lucena City for example, the bus terminal is outside the city at a compound near the Main Maharlika Highway. So the city streets are free of provincial buses. The jeepneys and commuter vans take over from there.
Very Happy

gbperen

Back to top Go down

Post by gbperen Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Scientific Analysis -
Engineers of MMDA should continuously come up with well thought-off solutions to EDSA congestion. For example, irregardless of how many buses there are plying EDSA now, they should analyze from the utility and commuters' point of view. How many passengers are unloaded and loaded in Cubao every hour of the day? It may only take a week for the data to be collected and arrive at very accurate figures. Then one can compute how many buses are really needed to carry these passengers. Siguro 60% ~ 70% full ang buses para hindi gano puno. Then have CONTROL GATES at the beginning points of EDSA. One in Monumento and one in Roxas Blvd area. Let MMDA control the gates, allowing only the calculated number of buses to get in EDSA. If this is implemented, "No Overtaking" can be implemented in EDSA because there is no more need for bus drivers to race or babad just to earn his "boundary". Its all computed. They are assured of right number of passengers.
Then it will be clear, how many excess buses there are without any debate. It will be clear kung paano naabuso ang LTFRB. Ilang taon na natin tahimik na tinitiis ito.
Can it be done? Yes of course, but only with political will. Kung magtulungan ang MMDA and LTFRB at hindi sila magtuturuan, there will be high chance of success. Who will win? Everybody wins!
Operators - less operational and maintenance expenses. Higher yield per bus. Drivers - they can drive only every other day and still earn better than present system.
Conductors - hindi na sigaw ng sigaw ng walang saysay para mag tawag ng pasahero.
Commuters - safer, faster more efficient transportation. Baka pwede pa ibaba ang pamasahe pag efficient na ang mga bus.
Operators should share naman the benefits. Lagi na lang silang reklamo sa cost ng fuel and spare parts. They will earn much more just by streamlining their operations.

gbperen

Back to top Go down

Post by murda_one2002 Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:28 am

i believe that when chairman BF time, this has been done sir, look at the Central Terminal located at Trinoma...the mere problem is that the bus companies won't cooperate with such, nagkademandahan pa yata. I also foressen this because this was my favorite idea when i was still in college, problems was solve by providing structures...secondly there was a problem in site locations...but i hope one day that this proposals would be pursued...as of now wala pa talaga dahil nakalatag po ay ang development ng trains...

murda_one2002

Back to top Go down

Post by papaboar2 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:32 am

1. REMOVE BARRIERS and USE DOUBLE YELLOW LANES (NO CROSSING FROM BOTH SIDES) and implement it, apprehend vehicles crossing.

- Apprehend the violation ALL THE TIME, NOT SOMETIMES or WHENEVER THE OFFICERS FEEL LIKE IT.

2. PROMOTE CAR POOLS - Ban single passengers on EDSA from 5 to 7 PM.

papaboar2

Back to top Go down

Post by yokoloks Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:21 pm

pinoycumeater wrote:I suggest banning provincial bus terminals along EDSA, like along the stretch of Cubao. All terminals for buses heading up north should be near the entrance of NLEX, and likewise, all the terminals for buses heading down south should be near the entrance of SLEX. This is so provincial buses don't add to the vehicular load along the rest of EDSA.

i don't think provincial buses should be banned from EDSA, however provincial buses must NOT act like local buses. Most stop to pick up passengers in bus stops along EDSA, much like local buses...AND AS USUAL, IN PLAIN VIEW OF MMDA PERSONNEL... why are they selective?

yokoloks

Back to top Go down

Post by whodazka Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 pm

i belive that one suggestion that can reduce traffic in edsa is, bus operators during rush hours should place a non stop or should i say express from point A to B. it will only stop at the end of destinations. no stopping in the middle. this will prevent over congestions because of over stay and agawan sa pasahero. or give them, the conductors and drivers a basic salary computed to their daily average earnings after their bounderies. para mainip sila at di magpakahirap sa pagtawag ng pasahero kaya lalarga na. does it makes sense?

whodazka

Back to top Go down

Post by yokoloks Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 pm

tama rin yan...fx style...point to point lang ang takbo...

yokoloks

Back to top Go down

Post by bien711car Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Dati na nilang ginawa ito di ko alam kung anong ngyari.Ang mga me prangkisang bus eh bigyan ng number like Bus 1,bus 2,like ang bus 1 sa loading station lang na me number na 1 pwedeng magsakay at magbaba,gayundin sa bus 2.Ang mga pashero naman pipiliin nila ang bus na magbaba lang sa loading station na destinasyon nila.Kaya ang mga loading station nahahati ang mga bus na humihinto.hindi katulad sa kaslukuyang sistema na lahat ng bus eh nakabalagbag sa loading station

bien711car

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to solve EDSA traffic Empty bus at taxi ang mga hari jan mga tol!!

Post by crisanto33 Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:38 pm

matagal na po akong dumadaan sa edsa. pero kahit saan anggulo ko tingnan. puro astig na driver ng mga bus at taxi ang nagging sanhi ng walang katapusang trapik sa edsa. anong bang meron yang mga bus at taxi na yan kung bakit nagbbulag bulagan ang enforcer ng mmda na hulihin cla. kung baga sa baketbol e halos in your face na gumagawa ng violation e hindi pa din makita. sad to say pero mukhang lumalala ang problema sa trapik. bakit hindi ipatupad ang pag face out ng mga lumang luma na na sasakyan para naman makkluwag na tayo sa trapik. mabawasan pa ung air polusyon.

crisanto33

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to solve EDSA traffic Empty Solving the traffic situation along EDSA

Post by CJA Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:39 am

bien711car wrote:Dati na nilang ginawa ito di ko alam kung anong ngyari.Ang mga me prangkisang bus eh bigyan ng number like Bus 1,bus 2,like ang bus 1 sa loading station lang na me number na 1 pwedeng magsakay at magbaba,gayundin sa bus 2.Ang mga pashero naman pipiliin nila ang bus na magbaba lang sa loading station na destinasyon nila.Kaya ang mga loading station nahahati ang mga bus na humihinto.hindi katulad sa kaslukuyang sistema na lahat ng bus eh nakabalagbag sa loading station

Many countries are implementing this system. This could work in our country, but first, drivers and passengers as well as traffic officers should practice discipline. Also, dapat bawasan din ang quantity ng buses, jeeps, at tricycles kasi sila din ang nakakapagdagdag sa traffic, lalo na karamihan sa mga drivers ng mga public vehicles ay mga walang disiplina!

CJA

Back to top Go down

Post by bien711car Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:26 am

Yun nga sistema lang naman ang kelangan bakit simpleng problema sa traffic ilang dekada ng problema hindi pa maresolba.Duon man lang matikman nating me gobyerno tayo.Kapag sa pagpapatupad ng bagong tax ang bilis,kada bibili ka ng produkto o serbisyo 12%vat agad,kapag kuha mo ng suweldo mo me kaltas na agad na tax,pati toll fee makukuha ninyo pang lagyan ng tax.Pero pagdating sa serbisyo sa taong bayan pulpol kayong mga taga gobyerno.

bien711car

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down